There are too many spots with fantastic views. This list is simply my favorites that I frequent.
- Salt Creek Beach, Dana Point – large parking lot with a tunnel that connects to Sea Terrace park. When you walk down to the beach there are always beautiful murals. The first part are grassy hills overlooking the ocean. This is actually my favorite spot. Otherwise you can keep going down all the way to the beach.
- Lantern Bay Park, Dana Point – I used to take my kids here because the playground equipment is perfect for toddlers but also because the views of the harbor are amazing! Sometimes outdoor yoga classes are held on the lawn.
- The Strands, Dana Point – my favorite thing is the free parking! You can walk straight to a viewing area of all the mansions and beautiful ocean. There is a hiking trail that will lead you down to the boardwalk.
- Raya at the Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel – I put this restaurant on my list because it has unbeatable views of the ocean. Oftentimes you can see people surfing.
- Badlands Park, Laguna Niguel – My friend introduced me to this trail. The ground can get dusty so be prepared! It leads you to a big rock that makes a perfect seat to view the sunset. But if you keep going it will open up and give you breathtaking views of the ocean. This spot is tucked in a neighborhood so it might be hard to find.