Matcha Quick Bread
I love quick breads in general, and especially love making this one. It comes together so quickly. It can be eaten on its own or you can add a glaze.
1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter (I’m sure canola oil will work, too)
3/4-1 cup sugar (depends how sweet you like it)
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup milk, room temperature
1 cup all purpose flour, spoon and leveled
1 tbsp Rishi Sweet Matcha (yes you can use a different brand but this is my fave)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the fat and sugar.
- Add the milk and 1 egg at a time, until well mixed. (Optional: add 1 tsp vanilla extract if you love vanilla as much as I do!)
- Add the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Put it on a plate and pour glaze on top. (It’s okay if it’s still warm.)
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1.5 tbsps milk (or to desired consistency)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
– up to 1 tbsp matcha
– splash of lemon juice
Note: When I make white glazes or frostings, I prefer to use vanilla coffee creamer instead of vanilla extract due to the brown color.