In the book, the recipe is for 2. I halved the recipe to make 1 cake only so I made a few minor tweaks.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup and 2 tbsp all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar (golden works)
2.5 tbsp sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, save 1/4 to add to the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8″ or 9″ pan.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium high for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Reduce the speed to low, and add the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Evenly spread the batter into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes. It is done when the edges pull slightly away and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Take the cookie out and let it cool for a few minutes while you take out the ice cream and give it time to soften. Serve warm with ice cream. Optional: Be extra crazy and add sprinkles!