I firmly believe good skin is the best thing you can do for looking good. However, I still like makeup! I focus on my eyes and apply 1 eyeshadow on my lids, liquid eyeliner and mascara. I didn’t list a favorite mascara since it always changes. Here are my 5 essentials that literally takes me 5 minutes!
- Burberry Eyeshadow – I didn’t have a favorite eyeshadow and just cycled through various brands. I primarily shop at Nordstrom and Burberry is usually sold out. I finally got my hands on the shade Rosewood. It can be used wet and dry. I use one swipe and the color is gorgeous and natural!
- Urban Decay Perversion Liquid Eyeliner – I’ve been using pencil eyliner since high school. I was too afraid of liquid. I finally braved it a few years ago and love this one the most. It has a nice precise tip that’s easy to apply long, even strokes. (I don’t like the ones with tiny brushes.) I can finally do a cat eye!
- Benefit Gimme Brow – I didn’t always use a brow gel but I kept reading in magazines that well groomed eyebrows make you look polished. I have no idea if that’s true but I like this brush. It’s very easy to apply and not too much.
- YSL Touche Eclat Shimmer Stick Highlighter – I purchased the shade Light Gold and just started using it. It’s such a nice shade that gives a natural shine. I felt I needed to step it up a bit (I’m officially in my 40s).
- YSL All Hours Setting Powder – This is also new to my routine. I read on the internet (lol) that a finishing powder is a good idea to smooth out “mature” skin. I like that this is translucent so I don’t need to worry about rubbing color off on clothes. I swipe along my T-zone and I’m good to go!