I have no shame admitting my life is not that exciting. One of the things I look forward to is when Trader Joe’s releases new items or seasonal items! It really feels like Christmas or a birthday surprise! Some items become yearly staples and some items I simply don’t like. One of my favorite yearly staples are the Fried Onions during the holidays. I always stock up on those! They released a bunch of stuff but here’s what we were able to pick up recently.
- Southern Peach Crisp Ice Cream – I was so excited to try this one but unfortunately I didn’t get a strong peach flavor and not a lot of crisp inside of it. However, it is still full of vanilla ice cream, which yup, is my favorite. That’s me, just a plain ol’ vanilla gal. Skip!
2. Tangerine Cream Bars – Again, so excited to try this flavor! It made me think about my childhood and eating those delicious orange cream popsicles. This doesn’t have a strong tangerine flavor and definitely not creamy enough in the center. I still enjoyed eating the Peach Crisp above but this one felt like a waste of calories. Skip!
3. Strawberry Shortcake Sandwich Cookies – I only bought these because hubby loves strawberry. It sounded intriguing but I was skeptical, plus they are pretty high in calories for 1 cookie. It is a very crunchy cookie and makes a mess. My hubby immediately didn’t like them and I wasn’t blown away either. I know this list is getting bleak but this is another: Skip!
4. Chips in a Pickle – I have to state a disclaimer. I love pickles. So this is a completely biased opinion. I already loved Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle so when this came out, I was stoked! Will it be as good? The answer is YES and I actually like them more than the popcorn probably because chips are better than popcorn anyways. Get!
5. South African Smoke & Citrusy Garlic – Trader Joe’s has come out with some amazing seasonings that I absolutely love. Some of my faves are Everything but the Bagel seasoning and the Furikake (saves me a trip to the Asian market). The South African Smoke is not bad. It has a unique flavor that’s not too smokey. I think it would be perfect to jazz up meats. I don’t think I would buy it again though but probably good to have on hand for summer. I love citrus and I love garlic so the Citrusly Garlic seemed like it would be a match made in heaven. It’s not bad, it’s a little too tart for my taste but I feel like you are better off using their Garlic Powder (which is a staple for me) and use fresh citrus for whatever you are cooking. So unfortunately, skip!
That’s a wrap for now. Hopefully I’ll find some really good seasonal items during our next shopping trip.